I guess we could have also called the last 12 months The Year of Hey Let's Do This or The Year of Bumps, Bruises, Cuts & Calluses...
Late in the fall, we started tackling a number of "minor" projects that had been bugging us. When spring arrived early this year, in what is normally considered mid-winter, we opted to be productive and get them done. Needless to say, numerous minors added up to one major project. So much so that we even skipped our spring holiday in an effort to get everything done (can you believe it...).
While some finishing touches remain, and will probably take until the end of foliage season to complete, the vast majority of work is done. The completed list is as follows:
- Guest room hallways were updated with new molding, wainscoting and fresh paint.
- New flooring was installed in all guest bathroom.
- Every guest room was brightened up with a fresh coat of paint.
- The last two original (and well-worn...) bathtubs in the Taylor & Deere Rooms were replaced.
- Plumbing & temperature control for the baseboard heating system was optimized.
- The dining room was redecorated, including the installation of improved LED lighting.
- A new well pump, with state-of-the-art constant pressure/flow control, was installed.
- The lobby was given a facelift.
- Landscaping was completed on our adjacent property.
- The storage shed on our adjacent property received a fresh coat of paint.
- Hydrangeas were planted along the drive for added curb-appeal.
There were probably a few more minor items not included on the list, but you get the idea.
Phew...I'm tired and need a vacation, but not until after foliage season...
But while it lasts...
ENJOY WHAT REMAINS OF SUMMER!