WEATHERTOP PET POLICIES
For the comfort & consideration of all guests...
Even though we love pets, we must take into consideration the comfort of all guests when accepting pet reservations. Therefore, we adhere to some important policies, and also request that normal pet etiquette be followed:
- THIS ONE IS MOST OVERLOOKED, SO PLEASE NOTE - We are not a certified boarding facility. You may not leave your pet unsupervised in your room while you go out for the day. This includes pet crating. We believe that leaving a pet alone in unfamiliar surroundings is neither friendly nor fair to the animal and, as such, do not condone this practice.
- We do not accept puppies. All dogs must be at least 1 year old, and either neutered or spayed.
- We only accept well-travelled & well-behaved pets. We never charge extra for pets; however, we do expect restitution in the unlikely event that a visiting pet causes damage to our property.
- Excessive barking is an inconvenience to all guests. If your dog is prone to excessive barking when it hears someone walking down the hallway at night, or if it sees a deer running across the lawn, alternate accommodations should be considered.
- If you need boarding facilities or a pet sitter while you are away from the inn, local options are provided on this page.
- Your assistance in cleaning up after your pet is greatly appreciated. We have 3+ acres on which your pet can roam. Many of our garden perennials are sensitive to pet urine, so please encourage them to "go" elsewhere. We and our plants thank you in advance for your consideration.
- We reserve the right to request alternate overnight care for your pet if the situation warrants.